Tuesday, April 19, 2016

spring cleaning my studio

my desk
"wabi-sabi is exactly about the delicate balance between the pleasure we get from things and the pleasure we get from freedom from things" (leonard koren, wabi-sabi for artists, designers, poets & philosophers)

i love to cull unnecessary things and eliminate clutter, and i get better with every round. but i also love pretty things. i'm spring cleaning my studio and the rest of my home, convinced that happiness lies in the sweet spot right between marie kondo and emily henderson. someday i will find it.

3 comments:

Susanne Klabunde said...

This is really funny! In January this year I have been in iceland, partly inspired by your enthusiasm about it too. And there I read "magic cleaning" - wonderful book! Now I am sitting here, sorting through all of my stuff piece by piece, happy about everything I can keep and also about everything I can get rid of.

yelena bryksenkova said...

susanne, that's so exciting! that book really helped me find a new criteria for judging my belongings and i got rid of so much stuff! and continue to with every clear-out. i hope you're enjoying the process and that your life and soul will take on that special lightness afterwards. also i hope you had a beautiful time in iceland, i'm really longing to go back.

happy spring!

y.

Susanne Klabunde said...

Oh it's already been really 'magic', because when I thought intensively about the books I would keep anyway, if I had to give away all other books, I've found out what I want to do at least as much as being an illustrator - and will move away and begin to study again next year in another town. A big step for me, a whole new life - thanks Marie Kondo :)
And I will be back to Iceland for sure, for more hiking, it was way too short.

FOLLOWERS