Tuesday, October 27, 2015

the firebird

the firebird
i have a small solo exhibition coming up next month at kent state university stark campus in north canton, ohio. the show is in conjunction with a russian art history course taught by my former MICA professor dr. marie gasper-hulvat. it's entitled the firebird and features miniature paintings of scenes from my favorite russian folk tales and russian 19th century country life. the show opens on thursday november 5th with an artist talk at 2 pm and will be on view through december 4th, 2015.
"the firebird" framed
as usual my lovely frames were custom made for me by signed & numbered in salt lake city, utah.

3 comments:

Iwona said...

I like the Firebird : ) I have this book:) I really like russian folk tales. I am illustrator, also. and I am from Poland : ) And you know any Polish folk tales? : ) Have a nice evening : )Iwona : )

Susanne Klabunde said...

Oh wow, great, I loved the russian fairytales so much as a child ^^

yelena bryksenkova said...

iwona, i don't know any polish folk tales but i really wish i did! :)

y.

FOLLOWERS