Tuesday, August 28, 2012

home and away

between seeing the ancient towns of izborsk, pskov and novgorod, venturing north to finland (joensuu and helsinki) and finally seeing tallinn, i was really only in saint petersburg for about two full days.
all of these places are so lovely, so charming in vastly different ways. i'm still reflecting on and processing my impressions; there is a whole collection of photographs, drawings and herbariums still left to share.

from top left: 1) rest stop near joensuu 2) koli national park, finland 3) picking gooseberries at our country house 4) izborsk 5) pskov 6) novgorod

4 comments:

Muffinella said...

Love these pictures! Makes me miss my dear home country Fnland...

Anne said...

I love the yellow tone these photos have...they already look like drawings! Look forward to more
and art work of course :)

non es tuae/joanna said...

Dear Yelena, have been meaning to write for a while to tell you how much I admire your work...I wrote a blog post (http://nonestuae.blogspot.fi/2012/02/yelena.html) about you back in February, when I first discovered you via Lobster and Swan. So lovely! And now I read you've just been to Helsinki, where I live, gaah...well, I hope you come back someday. :) Thank you for sharing your talent, hopefully autumn will bring more prints to the Etsy shop as well? If you have time? :) xx, Joanna

Barbara said...

thank you for sharing these pictures, so lovely!! I really feel attracted to visit these places some day.

FOLLOWERS