Friday, December 9, 2011

AMMO magazine - monochrome

margarita
for a long time i've wanted to draw my interpretation of this magical scene from mikhail bulgakov's novel the master and margarita: a naked and liberated margarita soars on a broom through the night sky, above the twinkling lights of 1930s moscow. i finally did it: for monochrome, the special black & white edition of AMMO magazine, out today!
i'm proud to be a part of this sophisticated illustration magazine and look forward to seeing the printed book. you can purchase your copy here! (£8)

15 comments:

renilde said...

and you did it beautifully, x

Anko said...

Gorgeous illustration! Is it ink?

Purpletreebird said...

It's really lovely!
Jess x

yelena bryksenkova said...

thank you all!

anko, it's pen and mostly payne's gray watercolor, which i later converted to grayscale. i like the uneven texture of watercolor, which works well for the sky.

y.

Diana Toledano said...

I haven't read the novel, but you make me want to. It's a gorgeous piece. The skin of the girl really stands out against the background.

Becca said...

beautiful and clean. i love it.

harriet gray said...

absolutely stunning, think i'll have to buy a copy of ammo just so i can get my hands on this! :)

Yelizaveta Poberejets said...

А мне звездочки очень понравились!

Caitlin Shearer said...

Absolutely beautiful.

hila said...

that looks amazing yelena! I wish I was as talented as you.

Sophia said...

This is so beautiful! Great work! I've been meaning to read that book for ages-maybe it's a sign?! x

Tilly said...

Oh my these are just beautiful! You captured the book so well <3 xxx

yelena bryksenkova said...

thanks so much, everyone :)

y.

HowlWithMe said...

Gorgeous! I love all your work but this is especially stunning.

Jee-Shaun Wang said...

she looks like my kind of girl~

FOLLOWERS