Tuesday, August 30, 2011

pendant la boule bleue


i had another chance to work with dorothy publishing project, this time for a cover of manuela draeger's in the time of the blue ball, a collection of three magically strange stories. the volume was initially intended to have small interior illustrations, but since the idea was scrapped, i will share some of them here for added intrigue:

don't you want to read about jars of fire, flying jellyfish, gumball-selling wooly crabs, and a vermicelli noodle named auguste diodon? get your copy here!

7 comments:

sandra conejeros fuentes said...

Yelena, all your work is so beautiful! I confess I watch your entire blog from start to finish and I loved everything you do and all your progress. It is a pleasure to see your illustrations!
congratulations from Chile.

bloggerka: niespa said...

Yelena,
I also like your blog and artworks ;-)

yelena bryksenkova said...

thanks so much to both of you, your comments made my day!

y.

Sreetama said...

Love. I don't know why we dont have enough scope for illustrations in Indian publications. This is so much more beautiful than a digitally altered photo!

gluten free gift said...

The vermicelli noodle drawing made me smile...so sweet! I too enjoy your blog and really admire your delicate lines...keep them coming!

Sreetama said...

Just saw your comment, dont know how i missed it! Thank you for your kind words :)

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I absolutely love this piece.

FOLLOWERS